We are very excited to announce that we are now providing diabetic retinopathy imaging at CovenantCare!
For insurance to cover this procedure, a patient must:
- have a diagnosis of diabetes (not pre-diabetes)
- not have had the procedure done within the past year
- be over 18
Some things to keep in mind:
- Healthspring insurance is currently not covered for this procedure at CovenantCare. This is temporary, and we will update when this is changed.
- A patient who is having other eye issues should go ahead and see an eye doctor or seek a referral to an eye doctor
- We do not medically dilate patients' pupils, so the patient must sit in a dark room for several minutes to allow natural dilation. This means the procedure can take a little longer than a regular doctor visit. A designated driver is not required
- Certain medications, medical conditions, and previous surgeries can interfere with natural pupil dilation
We are very excited about this new opportunity to care for our diabetes patients. If you have any questions, please contact our Patient Care Coordination team at (931) 245-1148